The good news came from the American Mathematical Society, Georgian-American High School became the winner of the Log 1 Contest of the American Mathematical Olympics.
Our rivals were 40 High School students from 15 US States ( Alabama, Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and Vermont)
The Olympics are held in three rounds in December, January and February. Each round consists of 15 tasks.
The top ten winners of the 2016-2017 Log 1 Contest look like this :
1. Georgian-American High School – Tbilisi Georgia
2. Vestavia Hills High School – Alabama USA
3. Alabama School of Fine Arts – Alabama USA
4. Farragut High School – Tennessee,, USA
5. Kentucky Country Day School – Kentucky, USA
6. Ridge High School – New Jersey, USA
7. William G. Enloe High School -North Carolina ,USA
8. Louisville Collegiate School – Kentucky, USA
9. Revere High School – Ohio , USA
10. Clarks town High School South – New York , USA
Georgian-American High school will be awarded a special prize of the American Mathematical Union for this victory.